Powerful performance and capability
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers five engine options.
• The Duramax® 3.0-liter Turbo-Diesel engine paired to a responsive 10-speed automatic transmission delivers best-in-class fuel economy and a powerful punch. With EPA-estimated ratings of 23 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway, along with ratings of 277 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque, you’ll save at the pump and still be able to fulfill work responsibilities with a maximum towing capacity of 9,500 pounds.*
• The 6.2-liter EcoTec® 3 V8 with Dynamic Fuel Management™ generates 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque while increasing the towing capacity to 13,300 pounds.
• The 5.3-liter EcoTec®3 V8 with Dynamic Fuel Management™ paired to the standard eight-speed automatic transmission earns ratings of 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. You’ll get the same ratings with the 5.3-liter EcoTec® 3 V8 with Active Fuel Management™, but with a six-speed automatic transmission.
• The 4.3-liter and six-speed automatic transmission combo offers 285 horsepower and 305 lb-ft of torque.
• Together, the 2.7-turbo and eight-speed automatic transmission churn out 310 horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque.